Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Time to Rise and Shine!

I am NOT an early riser. AT ALL.

But I want to be. 

Image result for sunrise pictures


I wasn't always this bad but over the years I've gotten worse. Once I went back to college I stayed up late doing homework instead of doing it while Sky was awake. What became a habit out of necessity at the time has turned into just a habit. 

I have been working on going to bed earlier...one of my goals from a week ago. It's spring break so I haven't done very well this week but I plan on starting back up next week. Eventually I'd like to pretty much rise the same time everyday. Be a little more consistent. 

Why do I want to be an early riser? 

  • My family. They are early risers and it makes me feel guilty when I'm not up with them. The day tends to get off schedule which in turn adds stress by the end of the day. 
  • Productivity. It has been proven that getting up early sets a person up to be more productive. I desperately need this, especially on the weekends and breaks. 
  • Be on time! This is a big one for me. Not only am I not an early riser but this subsequently makes me late as well. Being late makes me stressed and in a funky mood. I am rushed and not able to get all of my morning things accomplished like I'd like. This adds stress to my wife because some of these things fall on her to get done, which is not fair. If I can eliminate that I'd be happier and so would my family. 
  • Feel better physically. I've been struggling with back issues as you may have remembered. Getting up earlier would get me moving earlier which would get rid of the pain earlier. And again ready for my day earlier. Plus, once I've had surgery and the pain is better, I'd like to begin working out in the mornings again. 
I really believe doing this one thing could be life changing for me and my family. I know it sounds like I'm being a bit dramatic but I believe it! My family tends to follow my lead and if I can get into this routine I know our family will benefit immensely. 

Are you an early riser? If so, what are your secrets? I'd love to hear them!

My best, 

~Ashli

No comments:

Post a Comment